Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My Copy Cat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup

I know for a fact that I can not be the only one obsessed with Panera's Broccoli Cheese Soup. I can not see a Panera with out craving it! Both of my older siblings worked at Panera when they were teens and I have asked if they could share the recipe but, I had no such luck. While living in Texas I always had a Panera close to me. Now in South Carolina it is kind of a drive to get my favorite soup. ): So I have tried and tried to find recipes that tasted the same and I think I finally found it! Its a cross of a few greats that I just love!




Ingredients: for serving 8
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins


2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 Medium chopped yellow onion
1/2 Cup melted butter
1/2 Flour
4 Cups half-and-half cream
4 Cups chicken stock
3/4- 1 Lb fresh Broccoli
1 1/2 Cups  Carrots, Sliced thinly
1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg
16  Ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
To taste salt and pepper


Directions!
1.) Saute onion in 2 Tbsp of butter. Set aside.
2.) Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over low-medium heat for 4 minutes. Stir CONSTANTLY and add the half & half.
3.) Add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4.) Add the broccoli, carrots, and onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally
5.) Add salt and pepper. Return to heat and add cheese. Stir in nutmeg.
6.) I eat with a baguette just like at Panera! 

ENJOY! 



No comments:

Post a Comment