Monday, July 21, 2014

Creamy JALAPENO Ranch Salsa


Having moved to South Carolina only 2 months ago I am going through MEXICAN FOOD with draws! I miss my hole in the wall Mexican Restaurants of Houston, Texas. I have been so scared to try any Mexican food around here. Luckily, Chris and I went to Charlotte, North Carolina last week for a little get away. We went to a soccer game, we went to the South Park Mall, and also went to an outlet mall. Charlotte reminded me of a lot home. I was able to see Kate Spade, Tory Burch, CHEESECAKE FACTORY (yes I got some), Zoe's Kitchen, and Chuy's TexMex. While I am aware that Chuy's is not "real" Mexican food, it simple was the closest I have seen in the past two months.  

I jumped on the opportunity so fast. I could go to Chuy's just to have their green salsa. I swear I ate 3 cups on my own that night. I dipped everything in it. I even chose it over guacamole. I LOVE THIS SALSA. 

So, I was inspire to attempt it on my own and I think it turned out GREAT. I made it Sunday night and have had it with chips, fajitas I made last night, fajita salad I had for lunch today and plan to have it on top of the Jalapeno Cheddar Burgers Chris and I are making for dinner tonight. Needless to say I LOVE THIS SALSA TOO. I am oddly addicted. So, I will share my grate fortune with every one else. 

INGREDIENTS:
-3/4 Cup Real Mayonnaise
-1/3 Cup Buttermilk
-1/3 Cup Sour Cream
-1-4 oz. Chopped Jalapeno (Add slowly and Add to Taste)
-1 oz. Green Chiles
-1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 1 Packet of Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
-1/2 tsp Minced Garlic

DIRECTIONS:
1.) Throw all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. (If you do not like it spicy add Jalapeno gradually)
2.) Refrigerate any leftovers you may have. 
* Be aware on any expiration dates on any of the products. 

ENJOY (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment