Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Chocolate Oatmeal Pancakes

Every once and a while I muster the strength to wake up early, take my dog on a long walk, feed her, and make a breakfast for Chris all while he still sleeps. Today was that once and a blue moon morning. I did not plan for this to be the start of my Tuesday but the lawn crew had other plans for me. They did not want me to sleep while they were inches away from my window taking care of the greens with sounds of what I think WWIII would be like. So, I woke up and got my feet on the ground to get the day started.
As I was getting out of bed I looked over at my husband and thought "wow he seems so precious and sweet while he sleeps." (it must be only because he is sleeping and not getting heated over the world cup) "I am going to make him a good hearty breakfast today he deserves it" So CHOCOLATE Oatmeal pancakes it was this morning.


INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 Cup oat flour (about 2.5 cups oats)
2 eggs (beaten before)
1 1/2 Dark Chocolate Almond Milk (if you don't have that regular milk will do you just won't have Chocolate Pancakes)
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Canola Oil
2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt
2 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

DIRECTIONS:
1. If you are making from oats you must put oats in food processor until oats are smooth.
2. Beat eggs slightly in a separate bowl until whipped slightly, and then add all other ingredients.
3. Drop according to desired size on to hot pan that is sprayed. Once pancakes become bubbly and sides are no longer runny, flip. Let it cook for a bit until browned. Then remove
4. Serve hot with desired toppings. (for me that's fruit and whipped cream)

*I desired smaller pancakes, measuring  each with 1/4 cup spoon. Also since I am cooking for only two and it serves easily 4-6 I froze the remaining with cooking paper between each so they do not freeze together.


No comments:

Post a Comment