Sunday, June 15, 2014

Blueberry Orange Zest Oatmeal Muffins


I have tried to make it a habit to make muffins on Sunday to ensure I have a hearty healthy breakfast to grab if pressed for time in the mornings. I will admit though, it is hard for me to not eat these breakfast, lunch, and dinner. As a Southern woman and wife it is obligatory to know how to make a good blueberry muffin.. I have made and used easily a dozen different blueberry muffin recipes. This has to be my favorite with a little twist!! I hope you enjoy as much as I do. 




Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup oats (I use the instant oatmeal kind)
    set a side some to sprinkle on top 
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • The zest of 1 large orange
  • 3/4-1 cup blueberries (depending on how much you want)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liner or grease individually 
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt
  3. In another large mixing bowl whisk together melted butter, yogurt, egg and vanilla. Combine mixture with dry ingredients and stir together on low setting until all contents are moist
  4. Fold in orange zest and blueberries
  5. I used an ice-cream scoop  to evenly distribute batter. Sprinkle remaining oats 
  6. Put in oven for 16-19 mins
  7. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack










No comments:

Post a Comment