Monday, June 30, 2014

Golden Pancakes: with healthy surprising ingredients

I go through these phases where I think I will like cottage cheese... and I never do. Unfortunately, it takes me buying a bunch before I realize this.  While it is bearable and I don't gag while eating it, it simply isn't something I look forward to ingesting. So, when I have a recipe that calls for it I get excited knowing I will not be wasting what I have already bought. Yes, these pancakes have {COTTAGE CHEESE} in them! No, you they do not taste cheesy. If you love {FRENCH TOAST} you will love these pancakes! These are so yummy and simple to make all in one blender and let the blender do the work! 

INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup uncooked whole grain oats (blending to a flour)
6 Egg whites
1 Cup fat-free cottage cheese
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Packets of sugar substitute 
1/3 Cup sliced strawberries


DIRECTIONS:
1.) Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place on medium heat.
2.) In a blender combine oats, egg whites, cottage cheese, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar substitute. Blend on medium speed until smooth
3.) Pour batter, about 1/4 cup at a time onto a hot skillet. Cook pancake until bubbly on top and dry around edges, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
4.) Place on plate with desired toppings including fruit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment