Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Shrimp Fried Mung Bean Sprouts

Shrimp Fried Mung Bean Sprouts

One of my favorites growing up was Shrimp Fried Rice. My mom would make it all the time. I have followed her recipe several times and eventually created my own making it “Shrimp Fried Mung Bean Sprouts”. The recipe is made for serving 4. When you cook for two you simple cut the recipe in half* like I do for myself and Chris. I make a side of rice (any kind will do even quinoa) to serve this over for Chris, but for myself I could eat a heaping bowl of just the recipe.

                ¼ Cup peanut oil
                1 Bag (16oz) Frozen cooked shrimp
                1 Cup Frozen veggies (your choice)
                1 Cup Mung bean sprouts*
                1 Tbsp Sesame oil
                2 Eggs*
                2 Tbsp Soy sauce
                Salt and Pepper to Taste

*If cutting the recipe in ½ I still use 1 Cup Bean Sprouts and 2 eggs. This is optional though..
1.) Warm peanut oil in a large skillet over HIGH heat. Once hot add Shrimp, Veggies, and Sprouts. Stir until shrimp is cooked through.
2.) Add sesame oil and mix throughout. Push contents in pan to the sides making a whole in the center and scramble the eggs.
3.) Fold in the side contents into the eggs and keep cooking. Add soy sauce once mixed well. Season to taste (:

Feel free to make it your own

No comments:

Post a Comment